Prep/cook time: ~20 minutes
- 12 oz. package of soft silken tofu
- 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp. regular yellow mustard
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tbsp. tamari or soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 6 oz. diced tomatoes
- 12 oz. box of dried whole wheat pasta
Blend everything using a hand blender and poor over cooked pasta. I’ve mixed it successfully with both whole wheat penne rigate and whole wheat rigatoni. I think the tomatoes add a welcome flavor, but also (along with the olive oil) thin the sauce out a bit, making it less of an immovable congealed blob if I end up refrigerating some of it.
Adapted from recipe at Beer and Tofu.