Note: I use a 7-quart slow cooker.
Prep time: ~20 minutes
Cook time: 1–2 hours
- Half box of 13.25 oz box of whole wheat lasagna noodles
- 23.5 oz jar of any marinara sauce
- Veggie ground “beef” [example]
- 10 oz frozen spinach (can use more or less)
- 1/2 to 1 pound of mushrooms sliced or chopped
- 12 oz. package of tofu (crumble into feta-like consistency)
When I prepared this, I thawed the spinach for about an hour until I could cut it into strips and lined the bottom of the pot with those spinach strips. I also added a small amount of sauce. I then put strips of the pasta on top of the spinach for the first layer. For the next layer, I used some more pasta sauce and about half the mushrooms I had before adding another layer of pasta. For the next layer I used tofu and the vegan “beef” crumble. On the top layer, I added the rest of the mushrooms. This would probably be great with black olives and other greens such as kale.
This took about two hours to cook on high. I didn’t babysit it, though, so it might have been done before that. I used uncooked noodles and was concerned that they wouldn’t cook. This concern was unfounded, though, as they ended up cooking fine.