- Specify the domain of the function y = |x â€“ 1|.
- Which of the following is a true statement about the graph of the equation ?
- Which of the following statements are true of the graph of ?
1. It has no x-intercept.
2. It has a slant asymptote y=2x.
3. It has a vertical asymptote at .
4. It has a horizontal asymptote at y=2.
a. Statements 1, 2, and 3 are true.
b. Statements 3 and 4 are true.
c. Statements 2, 3, and 4 are true.
d. All four statements are true.
- Let . The domain of is
- Simplify as far as possible.
- Solve for x.
- Identify the parts of the following composite function.
- Consider the picture below. Find the equation of the line L.
- The following table represents a function of the form . Find the equation of the function.
- Given , , , and ,
use the properties of exponentials to determine .
- Find all solutions to the equaion, , such that .
Express the answers in radians.
- Find if .
1. It is symmetric about the x-axis.
2. It is symmetric about the y-axis.
3. It has two x-intercepts.
4. It has no x-intercepts.
a. Only statements 2 and 3 are true.
b. Only statements 2 and 4 are true.
c. Only statements 1 and 3 are true.
d. Only statement 2 is true.
2. Set the values in parentheses equal to 0 to get the x-intercepts 3, â€”1, and 1.
4. Note that the function will not cross the x axis with an even power, but will cross with an odd power.