Equations in WordPress
These are the steps to create LaTeX equations on non-WordPress.com blogs.
- Install and activate Jetpack.
- Connect your self-hosted WordPress blog with your WordPress.com account by going to “Settings” of the Jetpack plugin.
- I prefer to use Open Office Writer to type equations. To turn these formulas into LaTeX format, I downloaded and installed Writer 2 Latex. (To install the plugin, I double-clicked two different .oxt files: writer2latex.oxt and writer4latex.oxt. I’m not sure what the difference is, but it seems to work.)
- Once you have Writer 2 Latex installed, a “LaTeX” menu item should appear. You can click that and a LaTeX document will appear in the same directory as the OOWriter document you’re working in.
- You can then open the .tex file with, as I do, Notepad++ or another text editor.
- Alternatively, you can go to a site like this one.
MATH COMMANDS REFERENCES