Updated February 20th, 2017
- Democratic registration has fallen from 40% in 1998 to 30% in 2016
- Republican registration has fallen from 45% in 1998 to 35% in 2016
- Independent registration has risen from 14% in 1998 to 34% in 2016
- Greens have ranged between .13% and .20%
- Libertarians have ranged between .58% and .87%
View in Google Docs.
Independents: Cans and can’ts
- Can vote in partisan primaries but must select either a Democratic or Republican ballot and stick with it.
- Can’t jump between parties. Even if on the permanent early-voting list, must let elections officials know each election cycle which ballot they want.
- Can’t vote in the Presidential Preference Election.